5/31/2008

My Beloved Music Book!!!



Remember,if you're a pianist or anyone who plays another instrument, the first time the desire pops up. The first time you touch a piano. You feel the smoothness of the keys beneath your fingers. The first time you play Mary has a Little Lamb. Then you learn what "CDEFGAB sharp minored flat" means. You think, I can do this.


Then one day you can play, "I don't mind waiting." Then a spurt of depression comes over you. You think I will never be good at all. Then you learn more songs. You hardly ever get to practice. But, you are doing okay. Then, your dad preaches that message and you think, "Aw, that song would be awesome with that." You speak to him and the next thing you know you are playing and singing in church. Wow! a big step. ( shaking the whole time )


You are trying your best and hey it doesn't sound that bad. Then you get where you can actually call yourself good ( barely ). Then, before you know it you get your first music book. ( songs you know how to play ) Wow! what a feeling. You understand this isn't just some notebook with scrible scratch in it. No, this book is going to be the first of many. Books you use you play. You might even translate one or two into French for the CAR youth choir to sing. No, you understand this book will one day have siblings. ( I couldn't think of any other word? lol ) These books will have their own shelf they will be looked to for guidance used over and over again. Kept for years to come.


Now, you might be thinking this girl has up and fallen off her rocker. Let me assure you: no, I haven't. Today I got my very first music book. I am the now proud owner of one of these precious jewels. After years of looking at moms and my Aunt's I now have my very own. Wouldn't you be proud? Sure maybe I am going a little over board but, who cares. I am on my way to do great things for God.
It's ok to laugh this was meant to be funny.lol


To think the whole process only took a year. Amazing isn't it. Not without God's help mind you. I would have never gotten this far without him. I love him so much. LORD I'M AMAZED BY YOU.

Love
Piano Player

3 comments:

Paula said...

Awesome! Keep plunking away for Jesus -- making sweet melody for Him.

Love the pink book! :)

Vicki said...

How cool! I still have my first music book. Keep playing and praying! I use to hold my hands on the piano and ask God to please anoint them! Oh, and I'll have to send you a picture of the brand new Roland Uncle Tremayne bought me in the USA to bring to Africa! Sweet!!!!!

Farrah said...

Yeah Hannah! That is great. Kristen and I are right behind you...learning to play the piano. Well, we are probably way behind you. Thanks for the words of encouragement! We are in that frustrated stage right now. Love ya!

My Blogs..........