8/19/2008

Canada...






Today We crossed the Canadian border. As we neared we had to turn our phones off. ( 79 cents a minute in Canada. What would you do!lol ) For the first time on dep I felt as if I had lost connection with the outside world! LOL We got to the border and had to go to immigration. The guy was doing his job asking us about why we were coming in, when we were leaving ect. My nerves were on edge. If you have ever watched "Anne of Green Gables" the one where Gill goes to war and she is trying to find him. You know she gets arrested for being a so called "spy" at the German border.lol Now we are no spy's but, I just couldn't help feeling the anticipation all over again. ( The anticipation I felt when I watched the movie I mean. LOL ) Silly I know but that's was my experience at the border. LOL We had absolutely no problem at all but, you all know me. I am a bit dramatic!LOL

Canada has been nothing but beautiful. The whole drive has been gorgeous! Ok Ok I'll post some pics for you all. Oh and, the weather has not gotten above 65 today!
Tomorrow we go see Niagara Falls! I will post pics then too!

Today we got some Canadian change. Can anyone guess the names? Theres a one dollar coin called a looney and a 2 dollar coin called a tooney! What a hoot. How funny was that! So when we got to the room I said "mom I have a looney and a tooney"!lol

Love You All,
Hannah

5 comments:

ShirleyMc said...

When in Toronto, look up at the CN Tower - beautiful view from the top, but it is so TALL! They even have a glass floor that you can walk on and look down - I couldn't walk on it, but I did finally make myself look down. It was very, very far down to the ground! The restaurant was too expensive, of course, but it revolves so we got a wonderful view of the entire area. When you look at it, think of this dignified aunt who doesn't like heights...and wonder how she survived going to the top!

Thoughts from my hands. said...

I will remember you defenetly!!!!lol I doubt I would be able to make it....lol

Thoughts from my hands. said...

I will remember you defenetly!!!!lol I doubt I would be able to make it....lol

CarolynAllen said...

Hello: Happened on to your blog....loving it!....Laughing about your note on Canada. I am from Canada (Atlantic Canada to be exact) I have a problem with the cost of cell phone use as well! LOL.....also....toonies...are Twoonies! LOL

Carolyn

Thoughts from my hands. said...

Thanks!! I wasn't sure about the spelling. I figured that was my best shot.lol

My Blogs..........