5/05/2011

My Jesus Walks On Water

Matthew 14:

25: And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.

26: And when the desciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, it is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.

27: But, straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer, it is I: be not afraid.

28: And Peter answered hom and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.

29: And he(Jesus) said, Come.
And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.

30: But when he(Peter) saw the wind boisterous, he was afrais; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.

31. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and sais unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore dist thou doubt?

32: And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.


We love to read this story and say, "(tisk tisk) Peter, Peter, why didn't you just trust that Jesus would keep you?" Yet, if you are like me, you do the very thing that Peter did.

We beg Jesus, "Lord take me higher. Higher in you." Then, when he does, we feel the difficult winds and we start to doubt. Knowing that we are sinking we immediately call upon Jesus and he rescuse us asking, "When did you start doubting me?" Just as soon as we reach our "comfort zones" again the wind ceases.

Going higher can be a bit uncomfortable it takes us from the norm to the unorm. In the unorm we are able to feel the winds stronger. If we take our eyes off of our purpose we can become scared out of our minds. But, might I point out that scripture says that he immediately caught Peter. He didn't wait until he was halfway down, or until he felt that Peter has suffered enough. He caught him immediately.

"Oh Jesus, help me. As I desire to draw closer to you, help to realize that you are there. Even when the winds blow, even when I start to feel the force of them you are there. Help me to understand that if I start to sink, you will catch me immediately. Lord, give me the faith to trust you completely with no doutbs."

No comments:

My Blogs..........