11/08/2007

My 2 hero's

Hey Guys,

First, I would like to say hello to my best friend. Hey
Kalin....smiles..... Well I have some exciting news I am going back home( Bogalusa) in a week.YYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYY

As I laid in bed last night. I was in tears. Why? you may ask. I was thinking about 2 of my hero's. My grandparents. Sedgie and Thelma Benson. They have both passed on. I was remembering one of the last times I saw Paw Paw Sedgie. He was still at home but, he had to stay in bed. He had a hospital bed in the middle of their living room. I remember wondering why does Paw paw have to stay in bed? Why can't he go put me in my tree. I had always wondered when I was little why Mama and Daddy wouldn't let me go to the hospital. I now know. I wouldn't have been able to bear seeing him hooked up to all those machines. He was a wonderful person. He and Maw Maw would pick me up for school and they had a bag of bugles and a orange Sunkist waiting for me...smiles.. They were never late. Then, I would ride the bus home. I tried to hurry through my homework so I could go play at Maw maw and Pawpaw's house. I counted it up. He has been gone for eight years. She, for only two. Boy do I miss them. He always gave me coffee.. lol Maw maw was always telling me it was bad for me but, he always gave it to me. She would keep me when my parents went to work. I was only three. At nap time she always sang "where, oh where, has my little dog gone?" I can't sing that song now with out crying. I regret it now that I didn't go to his funeral. I was only six when he passed. I never said goodbye really. I remember when I was told he was gone. We sat looking at picture. I can remember a couple of months before he got sick he came to our house and we had a water hose fight. I tried to sing at Maw Maw's funeral. I froze up. I loved them very much and still do, to this day. I am sitting here pouring my heart out to you. I am not only pouring out my heart , but my tears as well. Well that's all I have to say tonight.


Love you guys,
Hannah

2 comments:

ShirleyMc said...

Hannah,

What a beautiful tribute to two of the most loving people I have ever known! Thanks! I miss them, too.

Kim Dudley said...

Hannah B,
Wow! Nobody warned me that your blog was going to make me cry! I, too, have wonderful memories of the two of them - especially of summers at the campground with them, your dad and Aunt Rach. Thanks so much for writing this - it lets me know that others still miss them as much as I do!
Love and miss you,
Aunt Kim

My Blogs..........