5/29/2008

Lord I'm Amazed By You!!!!



I was singing the song " Lord I'm amazed by you " and I was thinking of all the times He has done something for me. A couple of moments stand out from all the rest. I am going to share.


We were in Madagascar and someone had left the gas stove on. It wasn't lit it was just releasing gas. It had been on long enough to fill the room with gas. When we finally started smelling it I was going to be a "big helper" and find which burner was on. So, I went in and struck a match.


Now, think with me here. A room filled with gas, and a lit match. Can anyone guess what should have happened? If you guessed I should have been blown to bits......YOU WERE RIGHT!!! But, as another song says " God blocked it He wouldn't let it be so " I am still here today. ( Thank you Jesus!!! )


Still another time rings out. We were in Madagascar and I had been battling strep throat for about 6 weeks. Now, in the states I always had an ear infection and or a sore throat. So, when I say I had strep throat it wasn't anything new to me. But, I had been to the French DR. ,had taken 3 rounds of antibiotics. Nothing was working. I could barely eat, or drink. I was as skinny as a rail. One night mom had just gotten supper ready. I was again laying on the couch crying my eyes out. I was in so much pain. Daddy said "that's enough." He said " 6 weeks is long enough " he came and knelt beside the couch and started pleading the blood of Jesus. He soon felt a release so, he got up and started eating. Not 5 min later my throat just stopped hurting. Just like that there was no pain. I was like thank you Jesus ; lets eat. ( remember I haven't been able to eat a descent meal for a long time ) To this day I have never had strep throat again. I went from being a kid who couldn't keep from having it, to one who never has had it to this day. That has been about 3 years ago. How Amazing!!!!



God has done some amazing things in my life. So, I am gonna sing " Lord I'm amazed by you, Lord I'm amazed by you, Lord I'm amazed by you, How you love me. " What has God done in your life? What obstacles has he brought you over, battles he's seen you through. Just take a few minutes and tell him how amazing he is.


Love you guys,

Piano Player

3 comments:

ShirleyMc said...

Thanks for reminding me of that, Hannah. I am VERY thankful that God took care of y'all.

Paula said...

Amazing, awesome, wonderful, powerful, loving, compassionate, caring, merciful ~ what a mighty God we serve! He heaps blessings on us daily. And we must be careful to praise Him. Thanks for sharing these testimonies today!

Vicki said...

aww, I'm teary eyed! God is so good! Girl, I'm glad you are blogging! What a testimony!

My Blogs..........