8/09/2008

Vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone, Sorry I haven't been posting lately. I have been on vacation!! Please continue to pray for the Simoneauxs.

Well, we went to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. We met my mom's parents there. We went to the Comedy Barn, Unto These Hills Drama, and the Dixie Stamped. We had a great time. The
Comedy Barn was hilarious. Dixie Stamped was so worth it.



The first day we got there we went to eat. We were leaving the restaurant. You know those people who stand around trying to get you to come tour these time share resort things. ( You know the ones you run from. ) Well, they caught mom and dad. I bet those people promised them the world. They said we'll give you 6 tickets to the Comedy Barn for twenty dollars. We'll also give you a three day two night free vacation. Well, you all know my parents. They agreed. Not only did they agree to go tour this place, but they stood there talking forever. I went to the car and told nana it was the tickets that got em. Nana said, "those tickets!" So, the next day mom and dad went to go tour this place. They are only supposed to keep them 90 mins. Well two hours later mom and dad arrive back at the cabin with the tickets and the vacation. We were at a gas station getting gas that night after the Comedy Barn. Another one of those guys comes up. ( a different resort thingy though.) Trying everywhere to get them to come. They told him no and he leaves. Yay!!!




We went to visit a place my mom used to go on vacation called Sliding Rock. On our way my nana thought she could remember the way by memory. ( She had went there last year on her vacation. ) Well we get to going and we stop for lunch. There was a major discussion between my Mom and Nana about which way we should go. lol So we get to going and Nanna says turn off of 276 to 215. " I think it's down this road" she says. So we come into road construction and dad ask the dude is this the road Sliding Rock is on? He looks at dad with big eyes " yes " he replys. It's in another county. Like another county is 1000 miles away. ( Lets stop and think for a minute. You have traveled all across the country. Another county just isn't that far. I mean come on. Like DA!!! ) So we get to going and we go and we go and we go. We never find it. So we stop at a gas station and ask. The guy tells us the way to go. We thinking we are smart finally have something to put in the GPS. ( We didn't have a specific address to put in the GPS. ) So the nice boss lady GPS gives us a short cut. So we take the " short cut ". So the road is up and down and holes you can put 4 wheelers inside of. A gravel, narrow road we are going down in a dodge darango. So we come to this house this kid comes running out with his mouth wide open looking like a deer in headlights. Then comes his dad or grandpa looking not so friendly. We ask them if this road goes out to 215. Yeah was their scruffy mean reply. So we go a few feet and theirs this weirdo standing at the top of the hill looking out over the house road whatever. Then we get back to 215 and we look back and theirs a sign that reads no cars past this point. What do you think they were doing back there? So we get back to 276 and a few miles we find Sliding Rock in Pisga National park. It took about 4 hours to get to hours away. Needless to say we turned off the road we were supposed to be on. It was hilarious. We played for about an hour and then we went to Unto These Hills in Cherokee. It was good.

Well, if you didn't find our little adventure funny then, I guess you just had to be there.lol

Love you all,

Hannah
P.S. I'll put a slide show up later.

4 comments:

ShirleyMc said...

SO what is it with your always finding adventure when you are going somewhere - getting to see lots of new scenery on the way, huh??

I remember seeing Unto These Hills with Grandpa Sedgie and Grandma Thelma when I was a child. I have been back a couple of times since and have enjoyed it every time.

Kristin and Merek are at my house today - Brannon had to fly to Japan last week, so they came to Louisiana to visit. Merek is a beautiful, fun baby (one year old). We have had a blast. And Aunt Joy and I have been soooooo goood! :)

So glad you are back online!

Thoughts from my hands. said...

I am just not sure why we can never get to where we are going in a decent amount of time. lol They changed the script on Unto These Hills. Mom says the old one was better. This one was good though. Oh well we will pray for Brannon. Glad they got to come down for a visit!!! I know he is he's so sweet. You and Aunt Joy good??? Yeah Right!lol

Yes Mam, I am happy to be back.lol

ShirleyMc said...

Hey, I am telling the truth - Aunt Joy and I were soooooo good - of course, it could be because we were so busy having fun with Merek....and then maybe we have reformed! :)

Thoughts from my hands. said...

I am sure you were? I believe you! ( NOT! ) lol I am sure Merek had something to do with it.lol I don't think you have reformed.lol

My Blogs..........